The Declaration was presented at the 2018 Women Leaders in Ecology and Development Forum held in China on July 6th.
The presentation of the Declaration was made in the presence of Corinne Lepage, President of the Friends Association of the Universal Declaration Of Humankind Rights (FADHR) and Nicolas Imbert, Administrator of the FADHR.
The need, the urgency of a paradigm shift in ecological governance … towards multilateralism and new legal bases
“The climate challenge, which can turn mankind into an unpredictable world that can eventually be suicidal for the human species itself, calls us to a burst of responsibility and therefore to commitments that concern all individuals, all communities, all states. “.
“The unprecedented challenge we face challenges us to change our paradigm and to imagine another governance that is based both on multilateralism and on new legal bases, capable of founding our common responsibility. “.
The Universal Declaration of the Rights of Humanity (DDHu), a new tool, a common basis …
“Binding the nature and the human, the principles of the Declaration set the responsibilities of all and therefore of each, natural or legal person, public or private, national or international. ”
“Because it is a Declaration of the Rights and Duties of Humanity, the DDHu is a common basis, which does not relate to a particular culture or civilization, which does not stigmatize, that does not condemn. ”
“But it is an essential foundation for everyone to recognize their responsibility and agrees to engage in the common defense of the human species and other species that share our planet. ”
Corinne Lepage explained that “This is the awareness of humanity, in its diversity, the unity of the problems it is facing even if the responsibilities and means of each other are not equivalents. ”
“Integrating the challenges of ecology, development, peace and technological revolutions, the Declaration aims to encompass the multiple responsibilities of our generation towards those who come, but also to the with regard to the preceding ones. ”
The support and latest progress of the Declaration
- The Declaration today has the support of former UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon and has been presented to the European Economic and Social Council.
- The Pacific Forum adopted at the beginning of May 2018 a declaration aimed to make every effort to ensure that the text could be adopted by the different parties before the end of the year.
- Associations of parliamentarians seized upon it, in Europe, around the Mediterranean, in the world of the Francophonie. Many European and African bars support it as well as federations of lawyers including the International Conference of Bars.
- Then, the academic world with the University of Modena first signatory, followed to this day the network of business schools of Lyon, the International Institute of Francophonie and Chairs Leopold Senghor, several universities in France, Europe, in the United States.
- The world of O.N.G. with notably Green Cross France and Territories, OMECA, organization recognized by the UN and accredited Ecosoc and that of many personalities of the world of the environment is a signatory. About a hundred companies and economic organizations have joined the movement, to which some states are also beginning to take an interest.